Friday, August 31, 2007

I Am Only One

While attending meetings at the University of Southern California recently I saw a student athlete with the most amazing quote on the back of his shirt. Here's what it said:

"I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
What I can do, I should do.
And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do."
Edward Everett Hale

As I read this quote I was reminded why we started Amor Ministries in the very beginning. We saw a need and we knew we needed to do something. We didn't really know what we were doing in those early days. We just saw children and people living in abject poverty and we did everything we could do to help.

As we do today, we simply trusted in God to guide us and use us to share "love" to those in need and give glory to God. We simply said, "Here I am, send me," as quoted in Isaiah chapter 6. And God did the rest!

No comments: